Install virtualmin get error at: installing PHP7...[ERROR]

Dear all,
Yesterday, I reset my VPS and reinstalled Virtualmin. While install, I get error at Installing PHP7 [ERROR]:

▣▣□ Phase 2 of 3: Installation
Downloading epel-release-latest-7.noarch.rpm [ :heavy_check_mark: ]
Installing EPEL release package [ :heavy_check_mark: ]
Installing yum-utils [ :heavy_check_mark: ]
Enabling extras repository [ :heavy_check_mark: ]
Installing scl-utils [ :heavy_check_mark: ]
Install Software Collections release package [ :heavy_check_mark: ]
Installing PHP7 [ERROR]
Failed with error: 1
[ERROR] Something went wrong. Exiting.
[ERROR] The last few log entries were:
http://software.virtualmin.com/vm/6/gpl/centos/7/x86_64/repodata/8b2dfd85e39c403ecab10732a7d1646d85c33faa6340f251c8f534d398961d17-virtualmin-centos-7-comps.xml.gz: [Errno 14] HTTP Error 404 - Not Found
Trying other mirror.

I install in Centos 7, then I reinstalled Ubuntu 18.10 get same error.
I have tried my best to install php7 before install virtualmin but can fix.
Please help!

Hi,

It’s known issue and should have been fixed already.

Have a look here:
https://www.virtualmin.com/node/68162

If it still doesn’t work after clearing repos cache and requires to re-run installer multiple times before it works (reaches working server), then please let us know.

I haven’t been able to reproduce the CentOS problem, but I’ll try again today. Do not pre-install anything (PHP 7 or otherwise), as it is pretty likely to cause issues if you get your packages from a different source than the installer. But, a yum clean all should fix the problem, if it’s what I think it is.

Ubuntu 18.10 is not a supported distribution. We only support LTS releases of Ubuntu. You would have gotten a very different error when trying to install on Ubuntu 18.10. 18.04 is supported.

1 Like

I’m facing the same problem now

1 Like

I’ve just done several test installs, all succeeded. As far as I know this is resolved (and has been for a day or two), but if you tried to install when the metadata was different on our two mirror servers, you need to run yum clean all to get rid of the mismatched repo metadata.

1 Like

Oops. I was wrong, the problem still exists, but it’s not on the mirror I’d been told it was on. Sorry, fixing now.

You can temporarily work around it by adding 149.28.242.101 software.virtualmin.com to your /etc/hosts file. The problem only exists on one mirror, so forcing use of this one will make it work.

1 Like

Thanks for your support! I will try to re-install again.
I have another way:
=> I install webmin, then install virtualmin module. It’s been success for me now.
But I will re-do your way!
Thanks and have a nice day!

Just installing Webmin and the Virtualmin module leaves literally hundreds of configuration steps undone that you’ll have to do manually.

1 Like

Pretty sure it is actually fixed on both mirrors now. Running yum clean all and then performing the installation again should do the trick.

1 Like

I am going to reset my VPS and re-install virtualmin!

▣▣□ Phase 2 of 3: Installation
Downloading epel-release-latest-7.noarch.rpm [ :heavy_check_mark: ]
Installing EPEL release package [ :heavy_check_mark: ]
Installing yum-utils [ :heavy_check_mark: ]
Enabling extras repository [ :heavy_check_mark: ]
Installing scl-utils [ :heavy_check_mark: ]
Install Software Collections release package [ :heavy_check_mark: ]
Installing PHP7 [ :heavy_check_mark: ]
Marking ‘Virtualmin LAMP Stack’ for install [ :heavy_check_mark: ]
Marking ‘Virtualmin Core’ for install [ :heavy_check_mark: ]
Installing dependencies and system packages [ :heavy_check_mark: ]

OKIE!