Install script Fails

Hi,

Just ran the pro install on a clean fedora 8 system and it threw up a whole raft of errors failing to create directories such as etc/webmin/virtual-server, etc/webmin/domain-template etc but ran to completion.

The virtualmin-install.log says it succeeded but it does not work. Lots of the virtualmin menu options are missing and although I can create a virtual domain it cannot be deleted giving errors like: Failed to delete virtual servers : Domain 120584080131970 does not exist!

Not a very promising start. Any ideas

Yes,simply,i think Fedora is not fully supported by the install script.
Regards.

Yeah, I’m still poking at Fedora 8. It works on i386 (or should, and did when I ran a test install last night), but I haven’t yet tested on x86_64, so it might be broken.

It’s entirely possible that it’s still broken in some way.

I’ve half managed to get this working by un-installing & re-installing and now it sort of works but I get this error now.

BIND DNS server is installed, and the system is configured to use it.
Mail server Postfix is installed and configured.

Apache is installed.

Webalizer is installed.

Apache is configured to host SSL websites.

MySQL is installed and running.

ProFTPd is installed.

… your system is not ready for use by Virtualmin.

How easy is it to revert to the gpl version without losing all my site configs?

How easy is it to revert to the gpl version without losing all my site configs?

Reverting isn’t going to make your configuration right. I thought you said this was a clean Fedora 8 install? How would there be anything to revert to if you were installing on a fresh OS install?

Fedora 8 is known to work at this point–it’s been tested on both i386 and x86_64 and results in a working configuration. Any problems that occurred will need to be debugged…probably starting with a glance over the virtualmin-install.log.

I’d be happy to drop in on your box and figure out what went wrong, and straighten it out. You can email me at joe@virtualmin.com.