Install issue on Vanilla Ubuntu Linux 24.04.5 with nftables

SYSTEM INFORMATION
OS type and version Ubuntu Linux 24.04.5
Virtualmin version 8.3.0 GPL & PRO

I have tried both PRO & GPL, but I get a red box on Nftables on a fresh vanilla install. I wonder what my options are here?

I have tried uninstalling Nftables, which was successful and reinstalling it, but I would like to see what the issue is on the Virtualmin install.

I will review the virtualmin-install log to see what’s going on:

[2026/09/29 09:19:00] [INFO] - Configuring Nftables
[2026/09/29 09:19:01] [ERROR] - Error configuring nftables: Undefined subroutine &nftables::create_nftables_init called at /usr/share/perl5/Virtualmin/Config/Plugin/Nftables.pm line 64.
[2026/09/29 09:19:01] [WARN] - Failed

Hello,

Thanks for reporting this!

Sorry about that!

This issue has been fixed!

Hey, bugs and issues happen; it’s not a huge issue. Can you elaborate on what I need to do to sort this out? I’m now running PRO on this server, if that makes a difference.

Yes, you’re right, this is an easy issue to fix. You’d simply want to run:

virtualmin-config-system -i Nftables

Don’t know if I have broken stuff trying to fix this. I uninstalled Nftables and reinstalled it (successfully) it seems, but when I run the command above, I see:

2026-09-29 21_24_16-root@portal_ ~

Have you installed the latest system package upgrades?

And perhaps it’s just easier to reinstall and start over in the first place?

Yep, I started over, and it worked fine, so thankyou for the pointers.

Just got to get my head around ‘Linux Firewall’ :joy: