Incremental virtual servers backup?

Hi,

This is probably a (very) stupid question, but I can’t seem to find the setting for “backup type”. I want to set up a weekly full backup of my virtual sites and a daily incremental (which is according to the documentation rather differential) backup. I’ve been searching for over an hour on how to achieve this, and every bit of documentation points to the “backup type” setting in virtualmin -> backup and restore -> backup virtual servers but I can’t seem to find this setting?

When I look at the backup log, I see: “Backup type Incremental”, however I have not set it up like this and the backups are all full backups according to the size

BTW: I’m using Virtualmin GPL

Thanks in advance for any feedback!

I’m baffled. If you can click these spots in order, you can select your backup type:

I’m baffled too, this is what I see: http://imgur.com/a7MvRXJ

Hmm. Even when I switch back to “Authentic Theme” I see a “Backup level” section at the bottom. Perhaps it’s not available in the version of Virtualmin you have. I’m using Ubuntu Linux 14.04.1 Webmin version 1.791 Virtualmin version 5.02.gpl

Which distrib are you using? I just checked with Ubuntu 16.04, and it’s ok there.

edit: ok you replied already ^^

Well that’s weird, I have a server with Ubuntu 14.04, and authentic theme, I have the backup level.

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback, at least I’m not going either crazy or blind :wink:

This is my setup:

System hostname vps (127.0.0.1) Operating system Debian Linux 8 Webmin version 1.791 Theme version Authentic Theme 17.72 Time on system Friday, April 29, 2016 12:09 PM Kernel and CPU Linux 3.16.0-4-amd64 on x86_64 Processor information Westmere E56xx/L56xx/X56xx (Nehalem-C), 2 cores System uptime 35 days, 20 hours, 41 minutes Running processes 140 CPU load averages 0.01 (1 min) 0.10 (5 mins) 0.13 (15 mins) Real memory 3.78 GB total / 1.09 GB used Virtual memory 5.96 GB total / 217.43 MB used Local disk space 141.50 GB total / 70.01 GB free / 71.49 GB used Package updates All installed packages are up to date

Version 5.01.gpl, master admin mode

The option should be there, right?