Incorrect System Resources

I’m having an issue with Virtualmin GPL reporting wrong values for Disk Usage, RAM, as well as Quotas. I run off of a VPS/Cloud Server through MediaTemple (called a (ve) server). The system uses Virtuozzo 4.

I noticed that if I go into “Disk and Network Filesystems” via Webmin, I have my / partition (which has the correct values), as well as multiple others that I’m assuming are used by Virtuozzo. I’m assuming that Virtualmin is taking into account ALL these mounts, even though I’m only allowed access to one of them.

RAM I’m not so worried about as it’s simply showing the full value of available memory I have (dedicated + burst).

Disk Quotas simply show 0 bytes used.

I had the issue of Quotas not being enabled when I first installed Virtualmin and found a thread that said to copy my mtab over my fstab, which in turn allowed me to edit the quotas.

On one occasion, I accidentally set a quota too low and was unable to upload anything to that user. Thus, quotas are “working”, but there’s no monitoring of them through Virtualmin. (Which I need in case a client approaches their quota).

Any ideas?

Still could use some help on this. Disk quotas showing no usage regardless of a user being at, for example, half quota. And resource monitor is acting screwy due to what I’m guessing being on a VPS.

Thanks

I am having the same problem on a server running CentOs 4.8 and Virtualmin 3.78 gpl.

The disk quotas are setup correctly and check-config reports ok. The disk usage is correct for home disk usage in each virtual server but reports 0 bytes for total disk space used.

I have been trying to fix this problem for a few months now and it starting to get very frustrating.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Below is a copy of my fstab, mtab files and a printout from Check-Config:

fstab /dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00 / ext3 grpquota,suid,dev,usrquota,exec 0 1 LABEL=/boot /boot ext3 defaults 1 2 none /dev/pts devpts gid=5,mode=620 0 0 none /dev/shm tmpfs defaults 0 0 none /proc proc defaults 0 0 none /sys sysfs defaults 0 0 /dev/VolGroup00/LogVol01 swap swap defaults 0 0 /dev/sdb1 /backup ext3 suid,dev,exec 0 0 /dev/hdb /media/cdrom auto pamconsole,exec,noauto,managed 0 0 /dev/fd0 /media/floppy auto pamconsole,exec,noauto,managed 0 0

mtab /dev/mapper/VolGroup00-LogVol00 / ext3 rw,grpquota,usrquota 0 0 none /proc proc rw 0 0 none /sys sysfs rw 0 0 none /dev/pts devpts rw,gid=5,mode=620 0 0 usbfs /proc/bus/usb usbfs rw 0 0 /dev/sda1 /boot ext3 rw 0 0 none /dev/shm tmpfs rw 0 0 /dev/sdb1 /backup ext3 rw 0 0 none /proc/sys/fs/binfmt_misc binfmt_misc rw 0 0 sunrpc /var/lib/nfs/rpc_pipefs rpc_pipefs rw 0 0

Checking Configuration

The status of your system is being checked to ensure that all enabled features are available, that the mail server is properly configured, and that quotas are active …

BIND DNS server is installed, and the system is configured to use it.

Mail server Sendmail is installed and configured.

Apache is installed.

Webalizer is installed.

Apache is configured to host SSL websites.

MySQL is installed and running.

ProFTPd is installed.

Logrotate is installed.

SpamAssassin and Procmail are installed and configured for use.

ClamAV is installed and assumed to be running.

Using network interface eth0 for virtual IPs.

IPv6 addresses are available, using interface eth0.

Default IP address for virtual servers is 203.xxx.xxx.xxx.

Default IP address is set to 203.xxx.xxx.xxx, which matches the detected external address.

Both user and group quotas are enabled for home and email directories.

All commands needed to create and restore backups are installed.

… your system is ready for use by Virtualmin.