Incorrect pool configuration obtained when using Services > PHP-FPM Configuration

SYSTEM INFORMATION
OS type and version Ubuntu 20.04.4 LTS
Webmin version 1.991
Virtualmin version 7.0-4
Related packages ppa:ondrej/php8.0

Virtualmin 6.x /LEMP stack/ installed on clean Ubuntu 20.04. It was updated to 7.0-4 immediately.
Then PHP8.0 installed, ondrej ppa was used.
Server has PHP 7.4 and PHP 8.0 versions.

When server is created and PHP 8.0 (PHP-FPM execution method) chosen in Server Configuration > PHP Options configuration in Services > PHP-FPM Configurations uses incorrect path to pool configuration. Instead of using /etc/php/8.0/fpm… it uses /etc/php/7.4/fpm… therefore configuration of this pool won’t work and click on Edit Configuration Manually button will show an empty file.
It’s worth to mention that pool configuration file is actually correct (e.g.: /etc/php/7.4/fpm/pool.d/1651787270186740.conf) except 7.4 part. It should be 8.0, obviously.

[there were screenshots, but new account can’t upload it I think?]

Is this a bug?

Apparently, I’m only allowed to upload one screenshot per post.

Hello,

Thank you for your report. I was trying to reproduce this issue on a clean identical installation but it seems to work for me.

Which exact PHP packages do you have installed and/or which command did you use to install PHP 8.0?

Did you use UI to change PHP versions or CLI?

If you go to the right side slider and when a Dashboard tab selected at the top, click a cog at the bottom right and clear cache, does it then display correct link on the menu?

Hi!

I’m using UI to change PHP.
Clear cache didn’t help.

PHP7.4 comes from Ubuntu repo as is.

PHP8 from ***** The main PPA for supported PHP versions with many PECL ext… : Ondřej Surý
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ondrej/php
sudo apt install php8.0-{%fpm,cli,cgi,extensions,that,i,need%}

As a follow-up: I tried to install it on a completely new server.
Only Virtualmin + PHP 8 from ondrej ppa.
It doesn’t work as expected. PHP-FPM config pointed to 7.4 instead of 8 even tho 8 is selected in options.

I can offer you an SSH-access to this test server if you’d like.
Since I imagine diagnostics of convoluted bugs based on a few lines of answer is not that easy.
Clean installation + PHP 8 from ondrej’s PPA is definitely doesn’t work.

Yes, please use this link to submit a private ticket.

1 Like

So,
It seem like long lasting issue:

I provided access immediately. I believe you haven’t had a chance to look at it yet.
Should I keep access open for you a bit longer?

Yes, please keep it open. I’ve been overwhelmed recently.

1 Like

I confirm that we have a bug in Virtualmin Nginx module. We will fix this issue with next Virtualmin Nginx plugin version 2.26.

Thank you for reporting and providing access to the system.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.