Incoming mail not being received because of apparent missing usr/bin/procmail-wrapper file!

Anyone else have this problem. Incoming email stopped reaching server whilst I was doing some package updates on the server. Some senders indicated they got a message complaining of missing procmail-wrapper file. see below.

e.com
Arrival-Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2022 21:17:57 +0000 (GMT)

Final-Recipient: rfc822; Carl.schofield.tritium1(at)Servername
Original-Recipient: rfc822;Carl.schofield(at)domain name
Action: failed
Diagnostic-Code: x-unix; sh: 1: /usr/bin/procmail-wrapper: not found

I was able to find the file in my backup and copy it to that location and chmod it which rectified the problem for the moment. Of course it may trip up on future package updates. Any advice gratefully received.

chmod 6755 /usr/bin/procmail-wrapper

So has anyone else had this problem?
Is this file soon to become redundant?
is there an error in the dependancies?

I suggest you wait for an expert to come back on this before taking the actions I did as I’m a newbee.

Thanks

Carl

SYSTEM INFORMATION
OS type and version Debian stretch
Webmin version 1.990
Virtualmin version 6.17-3
Related packages Procmail-wrapper

Your operating system is EOL, and unsupported by us. You cannot safely run stretch on a public server.

If this system was installed a long time ago, when we were still supporting stretch, you either didn’t use the install script, or you removed procmail-wrapper at some point after, since procmail-wrapper is installed as part of the installation (and always has been).

Thanks Joe. Yes not sure how I managed to delete this file but have to accept that this might be my fault somehow.

Right well I will get right on to upgrading to bullseye Debian 11 then. Thanks and thanks for all the great work you guys do.

This topic was automatically closed 8 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.