In website options: PHP script execution mode : enabling mod_php BROKE SITE

Hello

I was having some problems with permisions of ftp accounts and tried to change PHP script execution mode…

In website options of my VPS

in PHP script execution mode : enabling mod_php BROKE my site - blank page.
tried reverse this by set back to FCGId but nothing happens.Also restarted Apache but with no luck bring back my site…

Please any ideas…?

Thanks a lot
George

Howdy,

What distro/version are you using?

And what shows up in $HOME/logs/error_log?

-Eric

Hello

Version : Virtualmin version 4.18.gpl

i have 5 SITES-VPS on line.

stoa is the one with the problem

So in home/stoa/logs/error_log last log is:

[Thu Dec 10 04:38:30.361471 2015] [core:crit] [pid 32525] (13)Permission denied: [client 85.73.231.13:50077] AH00529: /home/stoa/public_html/wp-includes/js/jquery/.htaccess pcfg_openfile: unable to check htaccess file, ensure it is readable and that ‘/home/stoa/public_html/wp-includes/js/jquery/’ is executable, referer: http://stoa.tekmon.net/.

but i think its unrelated , that was due a permissions set that i solved it.
After that no logs at all.

And in /var/log/virtualmin/ : last log : exactly as above

For your information when i firstly changed mode into mod_php and saw site going BLANK then at my first attempt to role back to FCGId an error occured , i think related to memory…i cant recall.Then by refreshing page or going back i managed to role back to FCGId.
I dont know if this can help you.

Thanks a lot
George

Version : Virtualmin version 4.18.gpl

That’s actually your Virtualmin version.

What distribution and distribution version is it that you’re using?

-Eric

i am using a digitalocean lamp stack on ubuntu 14.04.2 lts
thanks
George

Howdy,

Okay, excellent.

Here is what I would do then –

Go back into Server Configuration -> Website Options, and change the PHP Execution Mode to CGI.

First, do you see any new errors show up in the logs at that point? Sometimes CGI produces better logging.

If not – the next thing I’d try is to go into System Settings -> Re-Check Config, and run that. Does it show any errors or problems?

-Eric

Hello again,

followed your instrunctions , no logs in CGI mode and no errors at System Settings -re-check config.
All seems normal.

I even tried for couriosity purpose to turn into FCGID mode another Virtual server i have in early dev stage to see if i ll face the same problem but all is OK there.

I think i will delete virtual server and set it up again.I dont have a backup but it was to early stage of dev

All these happened because i was trying to fix another problem i still have : my ftp users rewrite problem.they can upload but not rewrite into files…

Thanks
George