Import email account only from latest Plesk to Webmin/Virtualmim?

SYSTEM INFORMATION
OS type and version alma 9
Webmin version 2.202

Is there any way to import only mail accounts from complex server (domain/subdomains) based on latest Plesk to Virtualmin?

For migration of mail, I use imapsync whenever there is any confusion about backup / restore from one panel to another.

It just works.

1 Like

I tried imapsync, but it didn’t wanted to install on my old CentOS 6.1 server.

So in the end I downloaded “Mailstore”. It’s a standalone Windows program. And they have a 30 days free trial.

I pointed the IP back to the old server, got all mails via IMAP.
Then pointed IP to the new server (domains and users where created earlier) and uploaded to the new server.

The new server was operating for a few days, so had already some mails. But the program puts the imported mails into a /MailStore Export/ folder with inbox, sent and/or whatever folders the user had.

From there a use can simply move it back to the current inbox.

Not sure I can put the link since it’s basically a commercial product if you need it longer than 30 days.

1 Like

I don’t know what format Plesk uses for mail, but if it’s Maildir, you can literally just copy the entire Maildir directory over to the new server and make sure it’s owned by the right user and group. You can use scp, rsync, whatever.

1 Like

another way:

• do a plesk backup
  • import the backup into a intermediate Virtuamin install.
  • create a virtuamin backup from there
  • import the virtualmin backup on the live server but only import the mail

That does assume that the version of plesk is one that virtualmin can read correctly as the parent os is centos 6 it maybe the case that it’s a very old version of plesk. Centos 6 was released in 2011 and became eol in 2020

352796480-23120760-a46a-4932-bc8c-5938d4f6f66c

What happens if we have plesk 6 ?

Then you can’t import this way.

Perhaps ascertaining the version of plesk may have been advantage before posting a possible solution ? Tbf I only used plesk in the noughties and can not remember the version it was then. Your posts do come across authorative so maybe research the situation fully before posting ? As it may mislead people