IMAP und SMTP Einrichtung

SYSTEM INFORMATION
OS type and version Ubuntu Linux 22.04.4
Webmin version 2.105
Virtualmin version 7.9.0 Pro
Related packages POSTFIX & DOVECOT

Ich habe probleme mit der konfiguration von IMAP und SMTP…
Über usermin klappt der E-Mail versand… die DNS zonen sind richtig konfiruiert und das SSL Zertifikat auch aktuell… jedoch kann ich leider keinen Imap account in z.B Aplle Iphone anlegen…

You might get more help if you use a translation service.

I’m having problems configuring IMAP and SMTP…
Sending emails works via usermin… the DNS zones are correctly configured and the SSL certificate is also up to date… but unfortunately I can’t create an Imap account in e.g. Apple iPhone…

1 Like

thanks for translate xD

I suggested they put this info into Usermin for the end users, but I see it never made it.

Under Edit Users in the Virtualmin domain, towards the bottom is:
Show Email Client Settings. Should have everything you need to set up the account on the phone.

Yes I know but it doesn’t connect it fails by ssl

Hmm
Not sure this seems to line up with mine. Here’s what a search of my configs turned up but maybe you could compare them.

etc/postfix/master.cf#smtps inet n - y - - smtpd
Line: 30/etc/postfix/master.cf# -o syslog_name=postfix/smtps
Line: 129/etc/postfix/master.cfsmtps inet n - y - - smtpd -o smtpd_sasl_auth_enable=yes -o smtpd_tls_security_level=may -o smtpd_tls_wrappermode=yes
Line: 29/etc/postfix/master.cf.proto#smtps inet n - y - - smtpd
Line: 30/etc/postfix/master.cf.proto# -o syslog_name=postfix/smtps

Thanks for your shortcut but my config is the same xD

uucp unix - n n - - pipe
flags=Fqhu user=uucp argv=uux -r -n -z -a$sender - $nexthop!rmail ($recipient)

Other external delivery methods.

ifmail unix - n n - - pipe
flags=F user=ftn argv=/usr/lib/ifmail/ifmail -r $nexthop ($recipient)
bsmtp unix - n n - - pipe
flags=Fq. user=bsmtp argv=/usr/lib/bsmtp/bsmtp -t$nexthop -f$sender $recipient
scalemail-backend unix - n n - 2 pipe
flags=R user=scalemail argv=/usr/lib/scalemail/bin/scalemail-store ${nexthop} ${user} ${extension}
mailman unix - n n - - pipe
flags=FRX user=list argv=/usr/lib/mailman/bin/postfix-to-mailman.py ${nexthop} ${user}
submission inet n - y - - smtpd -o smtpd_sasl_auth_enable=yes -o smtpd_tls_security_level=may
smtps inet n - y - - smtpd -o smtpd_sasl_auth_enable=yes -o smtpd_tls_security_level=may -o smtpd_tls_wrappermode=yes

I looking to my error logs and i see that i have a problem with the SSL Auth configuration …

Is this a new server or has it been up and functioning for awhile?
Do other external clients other than the iPhone work OK?
I’m pretty much out of guesses. Have you checked things in this module?

It’s a new server … normally I work with Plesk 2 from 3 Server Running with Plesk and now I want to find out more about Virtualmin and when it’s works on my testserver where I use it … I will change my other servers to Virtualmin too …

I have the same options on my Settings … thanks for that … but it doesn’t fix it …

Here are pics about my Devecot configuration…

It’d be more helpful if you’d switch the interface to English and take/upload screenshots afterwards.

I fix it xD Thanks for your Help :smiley:
I have make a clean install from ubuntu by my server and before i install virtualmin, i have make the following steps

1. apt purge bind9
  2. apt-get clean

So by the new coniguration from Webmin/ Virtualmin my smtp and imap works…

Sry for my bad english xD

Usually there is an option for ‘minimal install’. I don’t know if bind would be on that.