Imap login Unreachable

Hello fellow members, I have recently set up a virtualmin server at my own home network with port forwarding to the Server PC.
My server includes a mail server, I am using for my upcoming website.Everything has been working so far quite well without issues. What I am facing now is:

I am able to access emails via the Roundcube Server (using IMAP i assume), I have installed dovecot (and postfix), but If I am trying to connect via my a client (say outlook), then it’s not reachable.
Also, I tried connecting via Python imaplib library (and later smtplib and poplib, but same error) and I received a similar error:

TimeoutError: [WinError 10060] A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond

I believe there is a problem with the IMAP config, or it’s not properly configured. Can you all fellas please guide me through it?

Any help would be gladly appreciated.

BUMP! Please help anyone

Virtualmin is supposed to be installed on a fresh server, which has just the OS and nothing else. I say this in response to your comment quoted above: you are not supposed to install dovecot (and postfix), because the Virtualmin installer does that as part of the installation process.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.