I want to use both Apache and Nginx

SYSTEM INFORMATION
OS type and version 22.04.2
Virtualmin version 7.5

I want to configure nginx web servers,
P.S: My wordpress site is runing on Apache
I need Nginx for odoo 16 installation.

Does Wordpress require Apache (or is it that Wordpress requires PHP)?

Then go ahead and install NGINX.

The only problem you can run into is both systems listening to the same port at the same time. That can cause a lot of problems.

But if you can avoid that, you have no issues at all.

In my humble opinion though, it would be safer and less problematic in the long run, if you got rid of Apache altogether and just ran NGINX.

No. It runs just fine on either.

2 Likes

Yes it requires Apache and I’m running couple of sites too.

no way on this planet does Wordpress require apache perhaps you need to switch from apache to nginx within webmin … tbf I have not come across any web app that requires apache … I test the stuff I write on both and have never had a problem. by the same point I would think that odoo 16 requires nginx

1 Like

Thank you for your response. Can you please tell me how can I switch from apache to nginx.

Not 100% sure on the best approach using vmin but as you are using odoo 16 you need to also have postgresql installed as well. so you may need to research on how to install wordpress using postgresql as well as you may find it does not work. Wordpress is not anything I would use but @Gomez_Adams knows how it works, perhaps he can chime in

1 Like

Wordpress does NOT require Apache. It runs equally well on Apache or NGINX. It literally makes no difference at all which one you run.

If you have a plugin that for some reason requires Apache, then that’s one thing. But Wordpress does not need it.

From Wordpress:

Requirements

To run WordPress we recommend your host supports:

• PHP version 7.4 or greater.
  • MySQL version 5.7 or greater OR MariaDB version 10.3 or greater.
  • HTTPS support

That’s really it. We recommend Apache or Nginx as the most robust and featureful server for running WordPress, but any server that supports PHP and MySQL will do.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.