I can't find the php configuration "safemode option" any more ?!

SYSTEM INFORMATION
OS type and version Ubuntu Linux 20.04.5
Webmin version 2.013
Virtualmin version 7.5
Related packages SUGGESTED

I can’t find the php configuration “safemode option” any more ?!
If any one please can tell me where to find the php configuration “safemode option”

“safe” mode is not safe and never was. It has been deprecated for many years in PHP. It was never very useful in any recommended PHP configuration in Virtualmin, as it was meant to address the inherent security flaws of running PHP under mod_php, which runs everything under the same user.

We have always recommended you use a better execution mode that would run things as the domain owner user (suexec+fcgid in the past, PHP-FPM today).

1 Like

Thank you for your reply
I was just asking about safemode option because when i was trying filerun filemanager i wanted to prevent filerun from seeing the root directory or any other virtualhost of course it couldn’t do any action but it can see all files up to the root and also can download any file so using safemode option i give it the virtualhost path for the filerun so i can prevent filerun from accessing any other path ,

So now will php-fpm prevent seeing any other files on the system except the user files ?

I recommend you read up on php-fpm: PHP: Configuration - Manual

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 8 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.