How to setup the master / virtualdomain the right way after installation?

Hi,

I did a few installations of Virtualmin on my boxes to try things out, but what escapes me is the right way to setup my domain on how to set up the admin / master domain to make it all work in concert. Now Virtualmin treats srv.myowndomain.com as a domain. So you get mail.srv.myowndomain.com etc.

I would like to have the mail server to be mail.myowndomain.com and not mail.srv.myowndomain.com etc.
Also using LE SSL certification on the services and on Virtualmin admin.
Can this be done through Virtualmin? It would make sense to me, since I have also ns1.myowndomain, ns2myowndomain etc. on seperate boxes.
What steps need to be taken to get such a setup, right after a fresh install with no other virtual servers etc. created.

Gr.
M

Uh mail.myowndomain.com and not mail.srv.myowndomain.com no no

If hostname mail using postfix one ip ( so no sni support for mail / postfix) you don’t want if one box more then only srv.myowndomain.com for mail and hostname.

You can change that manualy if needed in config files. And in mx records the main hostname/mailserver as srv.myowndomain.com

Both if one box is wrong this is wrong way to do it in my… using both srv.myowndomain.com and mail.myowndomain.com

Thanks, I don’t indeed want to go the wrong way, it was a bit confusing to me on how to implement things for the admin / owner domain.
So to not complicate things i won’t setup a virtual server with the same domain :wink: