How to set CPU resouce and Memory resource limits in Virtualmin?

SYSTEM INFORMATION
OS type and version Ubuntu 20
Webmin version 1.999
Virtualmin version 7.1.1
Related packages SUGGESTED

How can I set these values ? Can anyone tell me what should I put here?
Suppose I want to limit a virtual server by 2 cpu cores and 2 gb of ram. What should I write here ?
Should I write memory values in bytes or megabytes or gigabytes ? And what about CPU? Should I write this like 2 cores or something else ?

Ps sorry in image, I wrote 1gb on cpu section instead of memory section lol :smiley:

I never touch this section, setup defaults should be fine unless your having issues.

Interested in this too, just posting to be notified of answers; @stefan1959 of course defaults work - but interested exactly how can we use those/what exactly are those/what new dimensions do those open.

On the right-hand side of the page, there’s a bell icon. When clicked you get to choose how to be notified automatically, without the need to post anything :slight_smile:

The reason I want to edit from this area is because manually edited value doesnt work in limits file… :confused:

Thanks, but it’s also about the new dimensions :grinning: so how do you guys exactly use that, is this documented? Any links please?

Links of what ?

To a proper documentation, what else? Directed more to the Virtualmin team if no user can share how exactly those settings are supposed to work.

Please can someone tag admins and moderators here ??

What is the title of the Virtualmin page, containing these settings? Or what do you click to navigate to there? @Joe @Ilia

This is a Pro-only feature.

But, it’s just editing limits.conf. Which can be done in a variety of ways. It’s not a super complicated file, and our UI doesn’t make it remarkably easier.

Nice… Here’s documentation on limits.conf with examples. Looks like memory units are in KB and CPU time limit units are in minutes.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.