How to set a global webmin/virtualmin language to all users

Hi,

I’m trying to set a default webmin/virtualmin language to all users, with no luck. I go to WEBMIN > Webmin configuration > Languages and set it to pt_BR. It changes, but only to my user. When I login with another user, it is in English. Is there a way to set a default language to all webmin/virtualmin users?

PS: the login screen is in pt_BR. Which makes me think that it is a user configuration level.

Also, there are missing translation in pt_BR. Where is located the language files?

Thank you,
Luiz

Ok, I found this extension:
http://wbmtranslator.labs.libre-entreprise.org/

And reading the forum, it is the recommended way to translate Webmin/Virtualmin. But, using it in the browser is very slow. Some extensions have more than 2000 strings, and translating it in the browser turn very slow - the browser and the work.

Where can I find the language files?

Thank you,
Luiz

The language files are in webmin/module-name/lang.

Most modules only have a few dozens or hundreds of strings, but, Virtualmin has many more than that, as it is so large (even with a bunch of functionality being broken out into its own modules, it’s still huge).

For selecting language, be aware there is a user preference, set in Webmin->Language and Theme, and a system default, which is set in Webmin->Webmin Configuration->Language. The latter sets the default for users that have not set a user preference. So…change the user preference back to default it it’ll show whatever the system language is.

Hi, I’m interested in this thread … Although I could not find exactly the answer I wanted. I need more information or explanation.