How to send mail with SSL using Rainloop

Hi all,

I use Virtualmin at host.domain.com, and I host several websites on virtual servers.

I want to install Rainloop to be used at mail.domain.com, so I can send/receive emails for all the domains from there. I also want the emails to be secured with SSL, and pass all DKIM etc security tests.

What’s the best way to do this, and is it possible for me to use mail.domain.com, or do I need to use mail.host.domain.com, because that’s where Virtualmin is installed?

Thanks!

Anyone able to help please?

I think it was written in the documentation tow to use a global mail domain.
If you want to use rainloop, simply install that script on one of the servers and enable SSL in that server (server configuration -> SSL certificate).
You could also use the usermin mail system.

Thank you!

By global mail domain, do you mean mail.domain.com, or since Virtualmin is installed at VPS.domain.com that I should use mail.vps.domain.com?

Also, will I be able to send/receive mail for all my domains like this?

Thanks a lot!

If I recall it correctly, its like your first example.
If you set it up according to the documentation, it should work with sending and receiving messages.

I have rainloop on rainloop.indiax.com and it serves users on vps01.indiax.com, vps02.indiax.com and so on. Rainloop can be configured to serve whitelisted domains regardless of where they are hosted - be they on your Virtualmin server or on any other IMAP server elsewhere on the net.

@harvey02, you should host Rainloop on mail.vps.domain.com or rainloop.domain.com or webmail.domain.com but not mail.domain.com because virtualmin expects the A record of mail.domain.com to point to the IP address that Virtualmin runs on in association with the MX record, no?

Thanks so much @calport! That was a big help!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.