How to secure the IP Address and other sensitive information of the Webmail Server in the header when sending an email?

SYSTEM INFORMATION
OS type and version: Ubuntu 18.04 LTS
Webmin version: 1.984
Virtualmin version: 6.17-3
Related products version: DigitalOcean Droplet (Ubuntu 18.04 LTS)

Hello.

Is there a way to hide or completely secure the information at the header level of the Webmail Server by sending an email such as the IP Address of the Mail Server and other sensitive information to prevent the receiver of the emails from not reading our information when receiving said mail messages ???

If yes, how to proceed please because this is of paramount importance for our structure.

Thank you for your help.

Are you aware of: https://www.theverge.com/2013/7/21/4541342/isp-owner-describes-nsa-box-that-spied-on-customers

No… I don’t know that link. But that doesn’t address my concern either. If not, what do you want to inform me through this link ???

IP address is not sensitive information.

It sounds like you want to send spam without anyone being able to see who sent it. That’s not possible, and not something we’d support even if it were.

IP address is absolutely always available to the receiving mail server. It is impossible for it to be otherwise. If you want a different IP to show up, you can use a relay service like Mailjet or Mailgun or any of a dozen other SMTP relay services, and then their IP will be on the mail (though SMTP normally includes every hop in the headers, so your IP is also probably still there, unless you use their API to send mail instead of SMTP…they might anonymize it, though, I dunno, never checked, as again IP is not sensitive information, and it’s bizarre to think it ever could be).

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 8 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.