how to remove virtual server ?

I had installed Virtual MIn today and its my first try at this script and to be honest I am pretty impressed with the script so far :slight_smile:

I was creating a virtual server, added my domain,
while setting up - my connection broke while it was getting web server settings done, until then all the apache and other stuff got installed but last few didn’t get going.

I am not sure if the domain has been properly installed with all the features, so I want to know how to cross verify it, if its not possible to find out the issues,

I would like to remove this domain and add it again. How can I do that ? I didn’t find any option to delete virtual min from my basic look out.

Just for the info,
I run Cent OS, VPS on a 512mb ram and 1024mb burst.

Help would be really appreciated.

Howdy,

You can go into System Settings -> Re-Check Config to make sure that the various settings of your domains appear to be correct.

-Eric

Thanks for the info mate, i just did that and I got this at the footer result:

You have selected to use clamdscan for virus scanning, but the clamd server it talks to is not running

… your system is not ready for use by Virtualmin.

I had disabled ClamAV from mail settings, as it was consuming large amount of ram.

Howdy,

You’ll want to make sure that in System Settings -> Features and Plugins, that the Virus Filtering feature is disabled.

While that should keep the Config Check from barking at you – if it still gives you a hard time, you can always go into Email Messages -> Spam and Virus Scanning, and set ClamAV to use “Standalone scanner (clamscan)” rather than the server scanner.

Since you aren’t actually using virus scanning, that won’t affect how your server works.

-Eric

hi andrey,

I tried it up and it threw me following msg :

Failed to save enabled features : The feature Virus filtering cannot be disabled, as it is used by the following virtual servers : site1.com site2.com

and when I go into both the domain virtual servers, they show this feature to be disabled but when clicked save, it throws above msg again.

So when you go into Edit Virtual Server for site1.com and site2.com, and look at the Enabled Features section, you’re seeing “Virus filtering enabled” as being unchecked?

If it’s indeed unchecked, but Virtualmin thinks that it’s enabled for that particular domain – try enabling it (check it, then hit save), and then disable it again (uncheck it, then hit save).

That should get Virtualmin in sync with the Virus Scanning feature! :slight_smile:

-Eric

yep, I am seeing them as unchecked in both.

now, when I clicked save, it gave following:
Failed to save enabled features : You have selected to use clamdscan for virus scanning, but the clamd server it talks to is not running

and it remained un-checked, after I reloaded to this plugins page again

so am I fine with it up ?

Yeah, it doesn’t sound like that worked properly… it sounds like Virtualmin is hung up on the idea that ClamAV should be running right now since the ClamAV Server option is enabled.

What I’d do next is switch ClamAV from the server scanner to the standalone scanner (in Email Messages -> Spam and Virus Scanning).

Once you do that, it should be easier to get the rest of the issues fixed up :slight_smile:

-Eric

I don’t see Spam and Virus scanning in the email msgs
and for some reason now the spam filtering isn’t also getting disabled.

I think virtual min is directly going into the virtual server, I am not sure how to come out of virtual server to disable them :o I tried to reloading after going to webmin and switching back to virtualmin,

I tried via editing virtual server and checked the it up again:
it threw following msg:

The feature Virus filtering cannot be disabled, as it is used by the following virtual servers : site1.com site2.com

… your system is not ready for use by Virtualmin.

again I tried searching via features and plugins,
tried to look the domains which use spam filtering and I got below msg:

No virtual servers using the feature Spam filtering were found.