How to reject/delete unwanted email

Hi People,

Seasons greetings. Ho Ho Ho :wink:

I want to reject/delete email based upon specified criteria. To explain, in WM > Sendmail > Spam Control it is possible to specify criteria and an action.

On the new server I am running Postfix which does not have that facility.

The problem I am trying to resolve is as follows :

It seems that someone has deliberately/accidentally set their server to forward emails to one of my clients. Email addressed to fred@somedomain.com is being forwarded to admin@my-client.com

I guess that I should set this up in Procmail (currently as was installed) but the interface is not very intuitive to me. I have searched around this site but can’t fins a how-to. Can anyone point me in the right direction or even offer any guidance on where to go from here. All comments welcome.

CentOS Linux 5.4
Webmin version 1.500
Virtualmin version 3.75 Pro

Thanks for reading

Tim

Hey Tim,

What if you could use procmail, but it wasn’t crazy hard to figure out the syntax? :slight_smile:

Usermin actually provides a “filters” UI, where you can use a web interface to setup various filters for email. Behind the scenes, those filters are actually just procmail rules.

To use those, you can log into Usermin as the user in question, then just click the “Email Filters” link on the bottom-left.

Will that do what you’re after?

-Eric

Hi Eric,

Thanks for your reply.

I was thinking system wide and didn’t even consider doing this at the user level.

That will do the trick very nicely, thanks.

Happy Holidays

Tim