How to Purchase License

Thanks Joe. Hopefully it’s sorted soon and we can start giving you our filthy lucre once again!

Adding my name to the list, as I’m ready to build and want to buy a Pro license ASAP, if possible. Been a Webmin user for a very long time, and want to support the devs.

My license runs out tomorrow, if i can’t renew all my sites will go down. FIX THE STORE or extend my license. Contact me ASAP!

No they won’t. License expiration does not do anything to your sites.

I’m working on it as fast as I can.

1 Like

The difficulties I’m experiencing with this licensing issue is leading me to abandon Virtualmin altogether. My license expired yesterday, and since then, my server has been needing more attention than I intend to ever give a server.

As the store still doesn’t work, this license extension pattern needs to change. Solve the problem like this. Extend our licenses indefinitely with a disclaimer. Then, when you fix the problem, send us notice that the problem is fixed and that licenses can now be renewed. It’s probably the only way I’ll regain confidence in this setup. If the license renewal system doesn’t work, what else doesn’t work?

Sorry, I forgot to extend the licenses again. It’s updated now.

I’m sorry it’s taking so long. The new system is based on WordPress and WooCommerce, which is far from my area of expertise (I don’t really know PHP and the ecosystem is all new to me), and the existing licensing plugins just aren’t fit for the purpose or even close (I’ve tried them all), so I’m having to do more coding than planned. The license subscription system is so far from what we normally build and in languages and frameworks we don’t know…I understand it reflects badly on us that it’s been offline for so long, but also, this isn’t the kind of software we normally build. I’m learning as I go. (And, there is literally no budget to pay someone to make the problem go away. Obviously, we’ve been without revenue for months.)

1 Like

Ugh…not that I’m qualified, but it would seem that if you crowd sourced the solutions in exchange for consideration (license terms, etc.) that you could find some bright minds who could accelerate the process for you. Standing by.

2 Likes

Hmm, that does not sound good. Is there any way to bypass that particular payment method and buy a license?

Also, would be better, if instead of “access denied” message, there was a more logical message on payments page, like “under construction” or something.

Or you could temporarily bring back an old payment page, if possible.

Keep up the great work. :grinning: Glad to see you are learning new things and trying new things.

@beshqena its one man show plus he have to support virtualmin… give it time please. its been long term issue but same as this forums, it took years of research and consistent asking for something like this… once considered joe jumped on it and within few - time clicks it happen and we all love it.

I think in times like this people should ask how they could donate and pay via paypal or something alternative to current thingy… as this project does indeed needs support from us (speaking for my self - trying to purchase licence today - I normally hack things in white hat matter to achieve my goals but still I am grateful for this open sourced code and would like to support it).

oh wp… woocom… man :man_facepalming:t2: :worried: :disappointed_relieved:

• side note prestashop would deliver 100x better… never mind we all learn as it go… (@Joe)

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.