How to properly transition server to new IP address?

Virtualmin is not working on my root domain of [hostname.mydomain.com:10000] after an IP change. I have to access it directly by by [My-IP-Address:10000]. Other sites under this server are not working either.

I was initially prompted by Virtualmin of an IP change and it recommended an update. I agreed, though I’m not certain what procedures it completed.

So far, I’ve gone to:

[Virtualmin -> Server Configuration -> Change IP Address]. The current and external IP address are now set to my server’s new IP.

Then I went into [Virtualmain -> Server Configuration -> DNS Records] and changed the old IP to the new IP in every instance.

I’m not getting the response I was looking for. I rebooted, reloaded virtualmin, same response. I thought maybe it could be SSL related, but sites are not working in http either.

I am having an error with updating my SSL that expired 5 days ago where Let’s Encrypt’s “acme_tiny.py” is saying it cannot download a file to /public_html/.well-known/acme_challenge/[somelongfilenamehere]. I gave “.well-known” 755 permissions recursively with no success.

Unsure if it’s related as of this moment. I’m foregoing researching deeper until I check here with you guys in case I’m missing something native to the Virtualmin CP that could help me move past this. Here’s the pastebin on the SSL error:

https://pastebin.com/7gLW5sgJ

Thanks for your guidance on this, guys.

Have you done a DNS query (using mxtoolbox or similar) or from CLI to see what your domain resolves to?

If it resolves to your old IP - that’s the place to start looking.

Hi there is gui button somewhere in settings in virtualmin selected domain… I am not sure right now as I do not use this so often, just read the menu under any settings…

Virtualmin Downloads Virtualmin Pro Support Virtualmin GPL Support Report the bug you found in Virtualmin Virtualmin Premium Support Virtualmin IRC chat

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.