How to install Virtualmin on AlmaLinux?

Sorry about the late reply.

The commands were in that post if you still need it.

What do you mean by that exactly?

1 Like

I’ve destroyed the VPS and reinstalled again, taking careful notes. The only thing different was that I rebooted after running the four ‘cp’ commands that Ilia mentioned above. In the last step in part two of the Post-Installation Wizard, I chose “Yes, with Let’s Encrypt”, for ‘Enable SSL for default server’. The wizard completed without error.
However the server still failed the HTTPS check in the browser, indicating that the Let’s Encrypt certificate was not installed. Looking in ‘Server Configuration - SSL Certificate’, it appeared to have a self-signed certificate. Clicking "Let’s Encrypt - Request Certificate’ appeared to install a certicate according to the ‘Server Configuration - SSL Certificate - Current Certificate’, however the server still fails the browser HTTPS test.

Conclusion: The Webmin failure in my previous post did not reoccur and on reflection, I believe it happened in the Post-Installation Wizard around the SSL certificate, not the ‘Recheck Config’ area. However there still seems something amiss in the area where the Wizard installs a Let’s Encrypt Certificate for the main server, as it doesn’t seem to do anything.

The domain must be resolvable in order for Let’s Encrypt work. Is your DNS configured correctly?

@Ilia
The domain resolves correctly and I can properly install a Let’s Encrypt certificate using “Server Configuration - SSL Certificate” and choosing the ‘Let’s Encrypt’ tab and ‘Request Certificate’. Doing it that way, I’ve found you also have to click a blue button to apply the certificate to the default server.

However, the last step in the second stage of the ‘Post-Installation Wizard’ offers the choice of " Enable SSL on default server?" with a choice being “Yes, with Let’s Encrypt certificate”.
The wizard then finishes with the message “Additional post-installation configuration is now complete!”

There is no message about the Let’s Encrypt request being successful (or not) and there is no Let’s Encrypt certificate installed when you check in “Server Configuration - SSL Certificate”, although you can install one from that dialog as I indicated above.

I’m fairly certain this used to work as expected and it could cause issues for people, especially as there’s no indication of failure.

Thanks for pointing this out. I have made a patch yesterday to address it. It will be fixed on the next Virtualmin release.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.