How to install RoundCube on Webmin

SYSTEM INFORMATION
OS type and version Ubuntu Linux 22.04.4
Webmin version 2.111

Hello,
How can I install the RoundCube client on the latest version of Webmin, because the old guides are no longer current and I can’t find it in the scripts?

So your not on virtualmin?

Not sure what you mean in the scripts if your on webmin.

Roundcube has the docs to install

And there is some difference between them, because I currently have Webmin on VPS, and I would like to do Roundcube, and I read on the Internet that it could be done in Virtualmin, but when I search in the corresponding place in Virtualmin, I cannot find this script and now my question… What is Virtualmin - is it a copy of Wembmin/add-on, or will they interfere if I install both? Sorry for asking, but I’m new to this topic :slight_smile: I would like to be able to manage RoundCube through a panel like Postfix etc.

Virtuamin in used for Hosting (sort of like cpanel) that creates Virtual Servers for web, mail, dns etc.

Best way to install is on a clean OS using the install script provided my virtualmin, not installing webmin then adding the Virtualmin module maybe that why the Roundcube script is not there, I’ve never done it that way.

They can’t be separate installs as Virtualmin is built on webmin. Virtualmin comes with webmin.

I’m having a hard time coming up with why you’d follow guides written for Virtualmin if you don’t have Virtualmin.

I recommend you start over with a freshly installed, supported OS, and use our automated install process to get Virtualmin installed. (Webmin alone won’t conflict with the Virtualmin installer, but if you got the server “preinstalled” with Webmin it’s almost certainly got a bunch of other crap installed, and it’s probably also broken in some way. I don’t know why hosting providers have such a hard time installing stuff correctly, but they consistently do.)

Installing Virtualmin only takes a few minutes and only requires reading a few paragraphs of documentation. Downloading and Installing | Virtualmin — Open Source Web Hosting Control Panel

There is no reason to make things difficult.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 8 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.