How to have separate SSL certificates for domains sharing the same DocumentRoot?

SYSTEM INFORMATION
OS type and version Ubuntu Linux 20.04.4
Webmin version 1.999
Virtualmin version 7.1-1

I’ve recently reached the 100-domain-name limit for one of my virtual servers’ SSL certificate.
This is a shared application so it has to handle many aliases.
Now Let’s Encrypt won’t let me add any new alias.
So I guess the only way to add new domain names is to install a separate certificate for each of them.
Can Virtualmin handle this in any way?

To use Virtualmin for SaaS type apps, it is best to host the app as a separate virtual server in Virtualmin and create a separate virtual server in Virtualmin for each of the user accounts of the SaaS. The Virtualmin API can automate this to a great extent.

This approach is much better than creating aliases and superloading SSL certificates to serve a hundred domains.

If my assumption about a SaaS type use in your particular case is incorrect, please ignore my message.

Thank you for your answer.
I’ve tried as a test to create a separate virtual server in Virtualmin for an account but it seems that the docroot has to be different from the app’s one, so it doesn’t work.

I ended creating the virtual server manually in Apache…

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.