How to have different passwords for MariaDB, VM login and Usermin

When I create a Virtual Server I define a password, but I would like to use a different password for MariaDB and possibly also for Usermin. I will also install the scripts for Roundcube and phpMyAdmin.

SYSTEM INFORMATION
OS type and version Debian 12
Webmin version 2.105
Virtualmin version 7.10.0
Related packages MariaDB, scripts

This is a Pro feature recently added in VM 7.10

Add reworked Edit Users page with ability to add separate database and webserver users

I might be closing this issue, but it is just for reference.

Ok, then I’ll buy the license next.
Then what should I do to have separate passwords?
I see that already installing Roundcube I received the password error.

I have not installed Roundcube on VM so I don’t know about the install process and if this requires any usernames and passwords. Maybe you create the DB user first and then you can select it in the script?

It depends on the user type. For mail clients, a Unix user account is used along with its password. For databases, it’s possible to set a different password on the Edit Databases page.

Yesterday, with the GPL version, I changed the user password in MariaDB because it had to be used in Joomla, which I installed without using the script because I already had a restore of a previous website.

Now, with a Pro license, if I install Roundcube I get:

Found https://github.com:443/roundcube/roundcubemail/releases/download/1.6.6/roundcubemail-1.6.6-complete.tar.gz in cache ..

Configuring webserver PHP settings ..
.. already done
Now installing RoundCube version 1.6.6 ..
Database connection failed : mysql::execute_sql failed : DBI connect failed : Access denied for user 'user-db'@'localhost' (using password: YES)  
.. failed! See the error message above for the reason why.
Re-loading Webmin ..
.. done

In general I would not like to have only one user for all databases used in a domain.

I would assume that the script installer looks at the domain owner password when installing a script. As you have changed the mysql password this would be the failure. Maybe following step 2 in this article would have been a better option to set up your app How to Change the Database Password in Joomla? | itoctopus