How to get SSL cert applied to port 10000 (Webmin + Virtualmin) and 20000 (Usermin)

Restart webmin and usermin and delete your browser cache.

I have done “deleting and clearing cache” and also restarted webmin.

Please confirm if this the right command?

/etc/init.d/webmin restart

Does above command restart both or I need a separate command for usermin.

rgds

Thats the correct one, the one for usermin is just “usermin” instead of “webmin”.

After restarting I am getting this error again “NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID”

A restart from both will not trigger such things, meaning it should be the state like when you opened the topic or not?

I restarted both. Reboot the Centos server but still same new error.

Its the same as in your initial post, so its not new. So at least you now know that you are back at the state when you opened the topic.
We just need to figure out why the ssl access doesn’t properly work.
Did you check my posts?

When exactly do you get that message? If you access the domain with the ports or without? Or does it happen with both ways?

Start from the beginning.
Which OS = Centos7

Which versions from virtualmin /etc? It was latest, but I am not sure about the version. If there a command to check the version then please let me know.

Where do you get the error message? I got error when I tried installing SSL on the virtualmin login i.e vmi411011. contaboserver.net: 10000/

How did you restore?

Ans: From the configuration file first. However, it did not work. Then tried with Full backup configuration file and it still not worked (Contabo Support tried doing that but they said they are unable to do that)

If you need any more info please let me know. They suggest to install a fresh virtualmin but I want to see if existing settings can be restored.

Is the cert correctly applied and does the cert lists the domain correctly? Meaning is is spelled correctly and that?

The cert was applied but it required me to create root folder with [.] for verification. I dont know everything went haywire after I created this folder. The certification required me to verify by uploading file to specific folder location.

I would like to know if there is any option to re-install virtualmin again or install fresh virtualmin? The issue is getting complex with not resolution either from contabo or any other source.

rgds

You can always re-install virtualmin. The easiest way is to log into ssh and run the commands there.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.