How to chat with staff online or via phone

I need to contact Support/Staff so I know what The Heck I am doing, is there a way to chat/talk to a Human-being rather than a BOT.

Cheers
a NEWBIE here

What “bot” are you talking about? We don’t have any automated systems for support. All humans, both in the support tracker and here in the forum.

But, we do not offer telephone support. If you’re a Virtualmin Pro customer, you can open support tickets in the issue tracker at virtualmin.com or if you’re using Virtualmin GPL, you can post questions here (Pro users can also post here, though we don’t have any paid staff dedicated to the forums…we just reply when we can spare some time, usually a few minutes per day for me).

Oh, in addition to the documentation on the website, there are several beginner videos on our YouTube channel

I am pretty sure that there are a lot of people willing to help if you ask for it. :slight_smile:

Greeting Joe,

Sorry if I have offended you, I don’t want to start on the wrong foot. First I am trying to Purchase one of your products (the pro products, be it VirtualMin or CloudMin, I am not sure which one is more suitable to my requirements.

Second, I am currently running a beefy 2 AMD CPU 8GBRAM/350GB SSD single Partition Boot/Data drive, running the latest stable version of Debian 10 (Buster) and this is via Google Cloud VM Platform.

Hence My First Support Ticket/Questions prior to purchase, which product is more suitable and tested for the Google Cloud and the Google Cloud SDK. Second, I have read that you offer 30 day Free Trial for the Pro Products range but it’s not clear to me how do you sign up or purchase such a product and additional when purchasing any product, it’s not clear to me at least, am I purchasing the license for one month or am I committing to 12 month, or am I committing for a month by month in which you will bill my credit card? I do prefer to pay a once off payment via PayPal rather than use my CC online or authorise anyone to debit my credit card on a regular bases.

As I have stated in the ticket I have raised, I am not an ISP nor am I trying to host more than 50 websites, I am a senior IT Professional who is due to the current world events (i.e. Covid-19) is trying to get up and running quickly.

Once Again, Apologies if I have offended you, but to us old folks, any automated payment system, web interface etc etc, is a BOT, I didn’t mean yourself or any other support staff of your organization and look forward to hearing from you

Kind Regards

Jeff (InsaffInc)

Only Cloudmin interacts with the Google Cloud SDK (Virtualmin manages websites and web apps, Cloudmin manages virtual machines, including virtual machines hosted by Google Cloud or Amazon). But, it may be worth figuring out what you’re trying to do, rather than what tools you’re using.

If you’re just hosting websites, Virtualmin is the product you want. Or, if you just want software to spin up virtual machines and manage them, Cloudmin might be the right choice (though Google Cloud also has a GUI and you may not need Cloudmin, it just depends on what you’re trying to accomplish). If you want both (managing virtual machines with a web hosting control panel inside, you’d need Cloudmin plus Virtualmin in each VM that will be hosting websites). But, it sounds kinda like you just want to put websites on that virtual machine you’ve already got running, in which case, Virtualmin is the right product. It doesn’t care about whether it’s running in a VM (in general, though you need to be aware that you can’t send mail from Google Cloud VMs, and will need to handle mail elsewhere, via something like Mailjet or another server hosted outside of Google Cloud).

As for purchase, we can accept PayPal payments on a one-off basis, but only for annual products. You’ll need to open a ticket in the issue tracker with the product you want, and send over payment to sales@virtualmin.com. But, it’s probably worth figuring out what you’re trying to do before deciding what to buy. We offer a 30 day money back guarantee, no questions asked, though we always like to know why it didn’t work out, if you want to tell us in the support ticket where you request the refund.

Also note that we’re a very small company (four people on payroll). If one of your requirements is telephone or live chat support, we’re not the right choice. I believe we provide among the best support in our industry, as we’re all extremely technical and involved in development of the software, but we’re not able to be accessible 24/7 in realtime like some bigger competitors in the space.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.