How to change virtualmin/webmin login page title " Login To Webmin "?

System Os : Ubuntu 20.4
Webmin : 1.981
Authentic Theme : 19.83-2

Hi Good Day Every One
I want to brand virtualmin/webmin i changed a lot of things tabs names , splash loading screen , logo
but i cant figure how to change the webmin login page title and changing “theme_xhred_titles_wm” doesn’t do any thing still show " Login To Webmin "
Thank you in advance

Honest question: Why are you changing their logo’s and names? Are you trying to make the software appear to be not Virtualmin or appear to be your own software?

If so, I believe that may be illegal under the Terms & Conditions.

1 Like

It’s not illegal. Webmin is open source under a BSD license (and Virtualmin GPL is open source under a GPL license; Pro is proprietary, but even so we won’t stop someone from modifying text or code). You can change anything you want about it.

I don’t know how to change it, off-hand, though. There is some logo/branding support in Authentic theme settings somewhere. I suspect to change “Login to Webmin” you’ll have to make a custom language and change the strings you want to change.

2 Likes

I was looking at this section:

For any Software not accompanied by a license agreement, Virtualmin, Inc. hereby grants to you, the user, a personal, nontransferable, nonexclusive license to use the Software for viewing and use in accordance with these Terms, and for no other purpose, provided that you keep intact all copyright and other proprietary notices. All Software is owned by Virtualmin, Inc. and/or its suppliers and is protected by copyright laws and international treaty provisions.

That sounds to me like you can’t change it without breaking the agreement.

For any Software not accompanied by a license agreement

Our Open Source projects are accompanied by a license agreement: BSD for Webmin, GPL for Virtualmin GPL.

2 Likes

Honest Answer :
First of all i am not intending to make Virtualmin GPL which i am using or Webmin , which they are both “open source” to appear to be mine
Second as mentioned to you sir by Virtualmin Staff Joe and by the fact that they have a Theme Configuration button that exist in Virtualmin Dashboard page that Virtualmin gives you the ability to brand it to your taste
I hope That answer your question

Ah. OK. Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.