How to change default domains for Setup Apache SSL website

When creating a virtual server, I’m running into an issue generating/installing the letsencypt SSL certificate. The problem is I don’t have DNS records for mail(dot)mydomain(dot)com, webmin(dot)mydomain(dot)com and so on. All I have and all I need is mydomain(dot)com. Since it requests the certificate for all of these domains, it throws an error.

The workaround is to go to Server Configuration > SSL Certificate and request a letencrypt certificate for only the one domain.

However I would like to remove the unwanted domains from the default template in the spirit of all being well in the world of internet things. How may I go about making such an edit?

SYSTEM INFORMATION
OS type and version: Ubuntu Linux 20.04.3
Webmin version: 1.981
Virtualmin version: 6.17-3

First up, disable features you aren’t using. If you aren’t hosting mail for users, disable that feature in Features and Plugins (you can still send mail from the server), and then Virtualmin won’t create records for mail.

If that doesn’t get you where you want to be (it won’t get rid of admin. for instance), I think you can disable all of the redirects in Server Templates under Website for domain near the bottom of the page, which should get rid of webmail and admin, I think.

Likewise, I think if you go to the BIND DNS Domain section of the Server Templates, you can disable several of the extra records. (Though if you’re not hosting your DNS locally, you should disable the DNS feature.)

1 Like

Yep, that was the right approach. Thank you for the help Joe.

This topic was automatically closed 8 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.