How do I create a new dav folder with read/write?

Hi,

One of my users is trying to use iCal with his hosting account. He just needs a dav folder with read/write but I don’t know what to do to enable this. He can login with credentials, but only has read access, no write.

Anybody know how to fix?

Thanks,

Tony

DAV can be tricky in a virtual hosting environment, but mainly just when you need scripts or shell/ftp users to be able to interact with stuff uploaded via DAV, due to ownership issues. A pure DAV situation should Just Work. (I think. It’s been a long time since I’ve tinkered with it.)

What’s in the error_log when he tries to write?

Thanks for your help.

[Thu May 14 16:37:56 2009] [error] [client xx.xx.xx.xx] The locks could not be queried for verification against a possible "If:" header. [500, #0]
[Thu May 14 16:37:56 2009] [error] [client xx.xx.xx.xx] Could not open the lock database. [500, #400]
[Thu May 14 16:37:56 2009] [error] [client xx.xx.xx.xx] (13)Permission denied: Could not open property database. [500, #1]

Hmmm…This is strange. I wonder what files it’s trying to open that are failing.

In the relevant Apache configuration file (you haven’t identified your OS and version, so I can’t tell you where this is) what is in the DAVLockDB directive? It looks like this on my system:

DAVLockDB /var/lib/dav/lockdb

And that directory is owned by apache:apache.