How add additional user to MySQL database?

I know Virtualmin automatically creates a user-database bind during creation of a virtual server. But sometimes I need to have additional user to the same database. I could as many MySQL users to any MySQL table in cPanel, seeking for the same functionality in Virtualmin.

I am in Webmin interface now, have clicked on MySQL Database Server under Servers, clicking everywhere (like the a name of the database, where I’d like to add a user or User permissions) can’t figure out how to add extra user to a database.

Any help is appreciated,

Thank you!

You can also add an additional user to a Virtualmin virtual server using the “Edit mail and FTP users” function. Add an email user, and under “Other user permissions”, you can give them access to existing databases.

If you wish to do it in Webmin, in the MySQL module, go to *User permissions" and click “Create new user”. The rights you assign there are global rights for all databases. If you wish the user to have rights only on select databases, do not enter any rights there.

After creation, you can assign the user specific database or even table or field permissions by clicking the appropriate icon in the main view and e.g. “Create new database permissions”.

Thanks Locutus! So many options in Virtualmin, that it is often hard for new users to sort out where is what. I believe the project’s developers should think about releasing lighter version of Virtualmin with less options (many options can be set by default and hidden from the users).

You’re welcome! :slight_smile:

So many options in Virtualmin, that it is often hard for new users to sort out where is what.

Yeah I have to agree, it is rather daunting with all the options and features and switches and knobs and levers. :slight_smile: More like an Airbus cockpit than a car really. :wink:

I believe the project’s developers should think about releasing lighter version of Virtualmin with less options

I already thought about that too, indeed. A “standard mode” and “advanced mode”.

While I can sure see that it’ll probably be quite an effort to implement that, I think in the long run, if more and more features are added, it might become inevitable to introduce “experience levels”. :slight_smile:

Why life is So complicated?.