|OS type and version||Ubuntu Linux 22.04.2|
I want to configure my eko1 server so that my websites are visible on the net. I tried leaving the default settings, but it didn’t work properly.
so I read many pages of documentation and exchanges, made many configuration tests and remained a little lost in front of the multitude of possibilities, the difficulty to understand certain concepts and to carry out tests while waiting for the DNS propagations and being connected to the local network.
I cannot get it to work satisfactorily, sites are not contacted and emails are not delivered, despite satisfactory values in intodns.com and mxtoolbox.com
Since a picture is worth a hundred words, I’d like to walk you through my installation process so you can point out any inconsistencies. I took screenshots without masking the information, considering that this does not constitute a risk. If not, please let me know.
- I created glue records on the main domain at my registrar: ns1.ekoprojet.org and ns2.ekoprojet.org and made them point to the external IP address of my box.
- I have assigned these nameservers to the different domains that I want to host on this server including, first, the primary domain
- I assigned a fixed IP to my server on my local network: 192.168.1.50 and integrated it into the DMZ so that it is accessible from the outside
- The address is indeed found, during the installation of the server, or by leaving the interface in DHCP.
- I tried to configure Routing and Gateways but I suspect that something is missing here
- I haven’t changed anything in Hostname and DNS Client but maybe something is missing there too
- I added the private address and the public address in the Host Addresses, but certainly there is one too many
- I added ns1 and ns2 entries in primary domain zone file
At this stage and after many changes, the public IP is indicated in the zone files of my virtual servers such as that of the primary domain
9.I’m surprised that the default shared IP is listed like this and wondering if that needs to be changed
- It seems strange to me that the shared address is the private address on my network. Shouldn’t that be the public IP instead?
Here are my nooby questions. I hope someone will find the time to point out my mistakes.
Thank you and good day