Help a newbie

Hello guys. i discovered this amazing cpanel and i love it. I have a vps and i installed it. Now i only need to use virtualmin to add other domains on my vps. Let’s say that i have domain.com. I contacted namecheap and they made 2 nameservers for me ns1.domain.com and ns2.domain.com. What should i do now to add my domain to my vps?I

Howdy,

It sounds like you’re asking how to setup your server to work as a DNS server/nameserver.

There are some details on that here:

https://www.virtualmin.com/documentation/dns/faq#How_do_I_setup_nameservers_for_my_server

I have apache2 installed on my ubuntu server. If i install virtualmin, will it delete my files there?

Howdy,

It is recommended that you run the install.sh script on a freshly installed Linux distribution.

It won’t remove your existing Apache config, but if you have live websites – it’s possible things may not work properly afterwards.

Do you happen to have another server available?

If so, my recommendation is to install Virtualmin onto it, setup your domains within Virtualmin, and then migrate your websites to that new server.

-Eric

Thanks for your help. I have seen ajenti and its lightweight and pretty good for what i am looking for but it doesn’t support apache :’(. virtualmin adds a lot of things i don’t need. I am still having trouble understing how nameservers work there…

Thanks for your help. I have seen ajenti and its lightweight and pretty good for what i am looking for but it doesn’t support apache :’(. virtualmin adds a lot of things i don’t need. I am still having trouble understing how nameservers work there…