GoAccess - is anyone using GoAccess with Virtualmin?

SYSTEM INFORMATION
OS type and version Ubuntu Linux 20.04.6
Webmin version 2.105
Virtualmin version 7.10.0
Related packages n/a

Hmm … should add some more text to help finding info.
I am planning to upgrade Ubuntu to the most current release and install the most recent version of Virtualmin on a spare server soon.

I would like to improve the Web Stats over what I can get with AWStats, and reduce the need for Google Webmaster tools, & similar online services.

After reading a bit about GoAccess it seems like it can help, and I would like to install it as well on the spare server before commiting to live websites.

I am hoping that some other Virtualmin users have done this before and can offer some tips to help me avoid wasted time while I am learning how it works and what I can do with it.

Please let me know if you have tried it and what you think of the results you can get with it … and any tips to avoid installation issues would be very welcome too.

Thanks in advance. :slight_smile:

I’m unfamiliar with GoAccess, but we’ve begun moving all of our stuff from Google Analytics to Matomo, which works very well. It’s an included Install Script in Virtualmin Pro (but also not that hard to install manually, and can run on another system, as it doesn’t need logs).

GoAccess looks pretty cool, though. I don’t see any reason it wouldn’t Just Work on a Virtualmin system. There is nothing unusual about Apache or nginx logs in a Virtualmin system (except their location, they end up in /var/log/virtualmin).

Thank you, Joe. I will add Matomo to my list of things to do. :slight_smile: