FTP Error Connection attempt failed with "ECONNREFUSED - Connection refused by server".

I think port 21 is not listening. I have proftpd installed. If I remember correct there was a secret menu on Virtualmin for activating ftp where was it? I cant find…

there is no secret menu and / or never was :slight_smile: follow this documentation here: https://www.virtualmin.com/documentation/tutorial/how-to-create-ftp-account

I know that, Im a member for 5 years, which means Im using Virtualmin for 5 years, I have nearly 10 domains and I do add new ftp user but it cant connect. It gets the connection refused error as above… If I remembercorrect therewas a list and you just had to click ProFTPD to activate ftp…

I really cant find this menu… where can I activate ProFTPD? I just want ftp users to be able to ftp again…

on mine page webmin or virtualmin scroll a bit down and click on server status if not opened already and found proftpd and click on green icon as shown on screenshot, that would enable your proftpd

Imgur