From cpanel - looking for replacement of CalDAV

Hi, on cPanel there was a easy plugin to add functionality for Calendar and Contacts to a domain … how can I replace that on Virtualmin? Thank you in advance!
Dan

HI, let me pls repharse what I am looking for… what ie. groupware tool or server etc would you use to add a calendar and contact funtion (connecting it to ie. Thunderbird) to a virtual server?

Thx in advance
Dan

If I recall it correctly, there is no ootb function from virtualmin like that.
Nextcloud can do both, but that’s also not just that function. Its a cloud system with groupware functionality.

Hi Carson,
thank you so much… NC is a very mighty…are you aware of other recommendable groupware tools … is roundcube or horde etc?
I googled and found for example this https://radicale.org/3.0.html

just not sure if this can do what I am looking for…create calendar under my business email…
Thx a million
Dan

I heared about that one too, its recommended from multiple sites/communites.
If you mean like using a company mail (a company what you are working for), then I would ask for their permissions first. If its your own company, then just make sure to secure it as best as possible.
Otherwise you might take a look into Nextcloud again. Since its highly configurable and secure.

1 Like

I wanted something for CalDAV and WebDAV that was light and easy and Nextcloud seemed like too much at first. After a long test drive I’m impressed with how well a minimal setup is working out on a small VPS.

I haven’t tried it yet, but NC has a webmail app (which I think is based on IMP) that talks to its calendar and contacts apps.

NC’s emphasis on security is sometimes annoying but in a good way.

1 Like

thank you guys, will check it out!

I would liek to try both then… is NC very hard to install (packages, modrewrite etc etc)?
And radicale needs python3 … can i easily install python3 with Virtualmin on a virtual server? thank you so much
Dan

Both are doable, even without deep knowledge.
There are plenty of tutorials for different OS out there.
NC basically takes like 5 minutes so install and usually, you dont need to enable additional things if your server is properly set up.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.