freeBSD install of PRO version failed

It got pretty far, then got to here:

INFO - Installing Webmin…
fetch: http://key stuff:@software.virtualmin.com/wbm/webmin-current.tar.gz: Unauthorized

FATAL - Fatal Error Occurred: Failed to download http://key stuff:@software.virtualmin.com/wbm/webmin-current.tar.gz.
FATAL - Cannot continue installation.
FATAL - Attempting to remove virtualmin repository configuration, so the installation can be
FATAL - re-attempted after any problems have been resolved.
FATAL - Removing temporary directory and files.
FATAL - If you are unsure of what went wrong, you may wish to review the log
FATAL - in /root/virtualmin-install.log

FATAL - File a ticket in the Virtualmin bugs and issues tracker for further assistance.

Is this possibly because I bought the product at a third party site?

Howdy,

It looks like it’s having trouble authenticating to the software repository.

Can you verify a few things?

First, go ahead and log in here:

http://virtualmin.com/serial/

And verify that the license and key mentioned above match the license and key listed on that page.

Second, make sure that there aren’t any issues with the license mentioned on that page, and that it’s not expired or anything.
-Eric

sfatula wrote:

How do I take advantage of the free install if the install fails, which it does?

Did I see PRO version in the topic?

Secondly, regarding freeBSD updates... I am unclear from reading the doc. It mentions having to manually update, which is fine. Can I update from ports and not packages?

Of course you can. I suggest to use portupgrade for this.

If I do that, I need to use the same make options for those items installed by you that also use ports. That is fine, I presume you did not add the options to make.config or anything like that to make that easier? Just dig the options out of the logs?

Use your own opstions in make.config. You should know better what you want, shouldn’t you?

Some boosting at the end:

Operating system FreeBSD 8.0
Perl version 5.008009
Postfix version 2009
Apache version 2.2.11
PHP version 5.2.8
Webalizer version 2.20-03
Logrotate version 3.7.7
MySQL version 5.0.75
PostgreSQL version 8.1.15
ProFTPd version 1.31

As you see it’s a cutting edge system, but everything seems to work;-)

Regards.

Use your own opstions in make.config. You should know better what you want, shouldn't you?

That’s not the point. You can not use your “own” options. If they were built with ports, he had a reason, and that reason is to set other options not standard. If I remove those options, then, it doesn’t work.

So, it sounds like I am correct though, I will get the options used out of the install logs, and, yes, use make.conf so that I never need to remember them again.

freeBSD 8!?

Looks like it was an extra character in the install.sh file. The SERIAL= line had a \ on the end of it, removing that got past the issue.

Now, I get to the installing webmin section, and it hangs. It is executing the postinstall scripts. Left it running for an hour. If I look at ps waux, I see webalizer -v never ends. In fact, I can type that from a command line, and it never ends.

How do I take advantage of the free install if the install fails, which it does?

Secondly, regarding freeBSD updates… I am unclear from reading the doc. It mentions having to manually update, which is fine. Can I update from ports and not packages?

If I do that, I need to use the same make options for those items installed by you that also use ports. That is fine, I presume you did not add the options to make.config or anything like that to make that easier? Just dig the options out of the logs?