FirewallD reports ebtables not usable after config change

SYSTEM INFORMATION
OS type and version Ubuntu Linux 20.04.3
Webmin version 1.994
Virtualmin version 7.1-1
Related packages Firewalld

Hi,

I had some problems a while ago when I added a block rule to iptables and messed up the iptables/firewalld config. But I reset everything and it was fine. However when adding masquerading “sudo firewall-cmd --permanent --add-masquerade” I got …

firewall-cmd --reload
Error: COMMAND_FAILED: ‘/usr/sbin/ebtables-restore --noflush’ failed: ebtables-restore v1.8.4 (nf_tables): RULE_DELETE failed (No such file or directory): rule in chain OUTPUT_direct

I noticed I failed to delete my old block rule in iptables so i deleted that and the above message no longer occurs. But then Virtualmin failed to show the Firewalld interface even though it was running and active. I checked everything and eventually it did show.

However now I get from “sudo systemctl status firewalld” …

WARNING: ebtables not usable, disabling ethernet bridge firewall.

I have tested the firewall and everything seems to be working OK. I assume this warning refers to an internal networking bridge which I don’t think I’m using. Should I be more worried about this message ? Cheers.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.