Few question or how to...

ok we have 200 or so domains that we host for people and we run plesk right now. Plesk is set up to use short names ie you have user@domain.com you can login as user if you use domain.com. is there anyway to allow for this as i dont feel like walking people through the process of changing it.

Also have been reading about cloud and tell me if I am wrong…

we have 4 servers

server a and server b are web servers/ mysql servers
server c and server d are dns servers

can i take
server A and make it a web server and server B a mysql server
and server c and server d stay dns servers but have cloud control all of this from 1 point?

Howdy,

is there anyway to allow for this as i dont feel like walking people through the process of changing it.

Well, the users in Virtualmin are mapped to system users; so if the username is user@domain.com, that’s also the name of the system user, and what you’d need to type in order to log in. I don’t believe there’s any shortcut ways of handling that.

can i take server A and make it a web server and server B a mysql server and server c and server d stay dns servers but have cloud control all of this from 1 point?

Sure. Cloudmin ties together all the Webmin and Virtualmin configs (amongst other things) from all the various servers, and let’s you access them from one server.

So what you used to have to go to each individual server to do, you can now do from whatever server has Cloudmin installed onto it.

One of these days, there’s going to be a demo online so you can tinker around with it; but, it’s not quite available yet :slight_smile:

-Eric

is there a demo of cloud or a GPL version?

Sorry, the only demo online at the moment is of the Pro version of Virtualmin. Jamie is working on getting a Cloudmin demo online, but it’s not here yet.

You can see a list of where Virtualmin Pro and GPL differ here:

http://www.virtualmin.com/compare.html