Feature request: Azure back-up cloud storage provider

SYSTEM INFORMATION
OS type and version: Ubuntu 18.04.6
Webmin version: 1.981
Virtualmin version: 6.17.gpl-3

I would like it very much when it becomes possible to add Azure Cloud Blob Storage as a cloud storage provider for back-ups. I use blobfuse for now, but that’s not perfect. Use of SAS and/or API’s from the Virtualmin interface would be much better than my own scripts.
I can see Amazon and Rackspace are available, but Azure would be perfect for me.

In case it’s possible to pay for developing this feature, I would like to know.

P.S. I would prefer Blob Storage above File Storage.

@tfhelp,

If Azure uses the standard S3 model for storage, it should be possible to make use of the Amazon S3 plugin simply by changing a few settings when creating the backup. All S3 compatible providers essentially work the same, in most cases it just comes down to specify the destination and credentials.

I’ve confirmed this a few times in the past while setting up the plugin to work with Digital Oceans “Spaces” feature, which is itself S3 compatible.

I’m afraid that Microsoft, as some times before, doesn’t comply with standards :sweat_smile:. S3 isn’t natively compatible, so in case I would like to try that, it requires to use a proxy (and hope for the best). That gives some overhead and complexity at least.

I would prefer native integration. Is there something like this on the roadmap or requestable?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.