FCGID settings - need some help please

Hello,

Can someone tell me where to put the settings for FCGID in CentOs 7?

Since migrating I have a script that crashes randomly and believe it is related to those settings.

I’ve done the following modifications:

Added to my httpd.conf under the virtual directory for my site:

FcgidBusyTimeout 3600 FcgidIOTimeout 3600 # other Fcgid directives...

Added to /etc/httpd/conf.d/fcgid.conf

# Sane place to put sockets and shared memory file FcgidIPCDir /run/mod_fcgid FcgidProcessTableFile /run/mod_fcgid/fcgid_shm FcgidBusyTimeout 3600 FcgidIOTimeout 3600

Is there anything else I am supposed to do?

These settings do not appear when I do a php info page - not sure if they are supposed to.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,.

SR

Howdy,

Yup, that should be all you need to do with those FCGID settings. In fact, you generally don’t need to add it to the Virtual Server, just to the fcgid.conf.

If there anything in particular you were expecting to see in the phpinfo() output that isn’t there? Mpst Apache settings won’t show up there though, the phpinfo() output primarily shows PHP configuration.

-Eric

Hi Eric,

Okay thanks for confirming I’m putting the variables in the correct place, I’ll remove them from the virtual server too.

I’m trying to negate this message that gets trigered randomly when running a script on my server:
[fcgid:warn] [pid 22574] (104)Connection reset by peer: [client MYIP:55891] mod_fcgid: error reading data from FastCGI server

Sometimes it goes for hours, other a few seconds or minutes… No pattern whatsoever.

In the php info I was looking to see the timeout values for FcgidBusyTimeout 3600
FcgidIOTimeout 3600 to confirm that the server is actually working with those.

Thank you very much Eric, looking forward to your thoughts.

SR

Just a thought - when I do a “top” I see my server is executing as php-cgi, maybe I need to tweak the values for cgi? Where do I put those variables to test this theory?