failure zone check

Hi all,

http://www.afnic.fr/outils/zonecheck/zc.cgi?zone=linuxinvent.info&afnic=t

what is this problem?
At least two nameservers are necessary :frowning:

Maybe my bind is wrongly configured.
In fact in all nameserver records (in bind dns) I have

domain.com. Default hi1.hostinvent.com.

How can I fix it for all domains automatically?
I want to use these nameservers: ns1.hostinvent.com and ns2.hostinvent.com.

I have other domains on this server (hostinvent.com and elettrolinux.com) but i get the same error.

Thanks and bye.<br><br>Post edited by: Maurizio1230, at: 2008/12/31 09:21

It sounds like it may be asking you to add two NS records to your zone file.

Try going into Services -> DNS Domain, and adding a second ā€“ and see if that resolves the issue.
-Eric

yes, I can change it manually for these domains.
But everytime my script create automatically a new virtualhost, I have to edit virtualhostā€™s nameservers manually.
Do you know a completely solution?

Thanks and happy new year
Maurizio

Well, I wanted to make sure it worked before offering how to fix it for the long-term.

However, what you may be able to do is include a second NS record in Virtualminā€™s DNS template.

If you go into System Settings -> Server Templates -> Default Settings -> BIND DNS Domain ā€“ try adding it to the textarea labeled "Additional manually configured nameservers".
-Eric

Now I get this error:

ZoneCheck: linuxinvent.info. Test results ---- fatal ---- f: All addresses should be distinct
* generic

Final status
FAILURE

Eric, You are very kind

Now it works but for linuxinvent.info I get some warnings:
w: Reverse for the nameserver IP address doesnā€™t match

* ns1.hostinvent.com./213.186.62.154 * ns2.hostinvent.com./94.23.65.20

But can I use different reverses (not ns1 and ns2)?
For example I use:

94-23-65-20.hostinvent.com. 213-186-62-154.hostinvent.com.
Root-servers IP addresses are not consistent with ICANN
What does it mean?
The root-server k.root-servers.net. addresses (193.0.14.129, 2001:7FD::1) are not the same as the ICANN addresses (193.0.14.129).

Howdy,

Yeah, I suspect itā€™s asking you to use the same forward and reverse addresses for the DNS of those nameservers.

That is, to make sure those IPā€™s resolve to ns1 and ns2.

Iā€™m not sure what the root-server issue there is, though Iā€™m curious if that will go away once you set the reverse DNS on those IPā€™s :slight_smile:
-Eric

However, what you may be able to do is include a second NS record in Virtualmin's DNS template.

If you go into System Settings -> Server Templates -> Default Settings -> BIND DNS Domain ā€“ try adding it to the textarea labeled "Additional manually configured nameservers".

I did it inserting two nameservers.

When I create a test.com domain in test.comā€™s Name Server Records I have 3 nameservers: ns1, ns2 and hi1(server hostname).

I need ns1 and ns2, not hi1 :frowning: How can I do?

Thank you very much

Ahh, I suspect ā€œMaster DNS server hostnameā€ inserts a name for an NS record in addition to what ever else youā€™re setting.

What I would do is remove "ns1" from the textarea in "Additional manually configured nameservers".

Then, set "Master DNS server hostname" to ns1.yourdomain.com.
-Eric