Failed to find section local_name, failed to create virtual server

Upon creation of a new virtual server, it appears that everything is going as planned until we get to “requesting a certificate from let’s encrypt” at which point I see the message:

Failed to create virtual server : Failed to find section local_name <domain.com> !

The immediately created error log shows this:

[Fri Jul 17 09:29:46.176244 2020] [ssl:warn] [pid 2481] AH01906: agriffithlisting.com:443:0 server certificate is a CA certificate (BasicConstraints: CA == TRUE !?)
[Fri Jul 17 09:30:56.078773 2020] [autoindex:error] [pid 6580] [client 65.154.226.109:2271] AH01276: Cannot serve directory /home/agriffithlisting/public_html/: No matching DirectoryIndex (index.html,index.htm,index.php,index.php4,index.php5) found, and server-generated directory index forbidden by Options directive, referer: http://www.bing.com/search?q=amazon
[Fri Jul 17 09:32:01.832013 2020] [autoindex:error] [pid 5652] [client 179.43.169.182:53700] AH01276: Cannot serve directory /home/agriffithlisting/public_html/: No matching DirectoryIndex (index.html,index.htm,index.php,index.php4,index.php5) found, and server-generated directory index forbidden by Options directive
[Fri Jul 17 09:32:07.149229 2020] [autoindex:error] [pid 7636] [client 179.43.169.182:56634] AH01276: Cannot serve directory /home/agriffithlisting/public_html/: No matching DirectoryIndex (index.html,index.htm,index.php,index.php4,index.php5) found, and server-generated directory index forbidden by Options directive

I’m suspecting it has something to do with the account plan or server template? Not sure though. The server appears in the list of virtual servers and seems to be operating as it should other than an empty public_html folder.

Ideas?

1 Like

Virtualmin -> System Settings -> Re-Check Configuration

lcoal_name is a dovecot configuration directive. There was a bug (and patch to fix it) discussed a day or two ago. New version of Virtualmin (or maybe Webimn, I don’t know where the code actually appears) will fix it. That’s coming as soon as possible, but “possible” is probably still a day or two away.

Is this an issue in the new Virtualmin (6.10) or the previous\earlier version?

Thanks

Dibs

6.10 has a bug related to local_name.

Previous version had bugs related to ssl_ca being set (unnecessarily). There’s a reason I didn’t advise anyone to roll back to the previous version.

There is a patch, and we will release a new version ASAP.

1 Like

Hi, Just wanted to check whether the issue is same as the one which I am getting while Restoring a Virtual Server from CentOS 7 to CentOS 8. The error is shown below.

Restoring backup for virtual server example.com
Restoring virtual server password, quota and other details … done
Updating administration password and quotas … done
Restoring Cron jobs … done
Extracting TAR file of home directory … done
Setting ownership of home directory … done
Restoring Apache virtual host configuration … done
Checking restored PHP execution mode … mode Apache mod_php cannot be used, switching to FPM.
Restoring SSL Apache virtual host configuration and certificate …
Restore failed : Failed to find section local_name example.com !

Any date for the patch release and is there a workaround?

Ok. I myself found a workaround.
Uncheck “Apache SSL webserver configuration and certificate” while restoring backup. It will pass without any issues.
Then restore the backup again with “Apache SSL webserver configuration and certificate” checked.

this can be solved by editing:

nano /usr/share/webmin/dovecot/dovecot-lib.pl

with the following commit:

@arretx

1 Like

thanks! this is a nice tip for me.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.