Failed to create virtual server : The DNS domain *** is already hosted by your DNS server

Hello,
I was wondering what might be causing this issue…
I installed webmin and virtualmin and the DNS seems to be working fine as my web address points to the apache default page on the server…
I can’t seem to find a way to FTP into this to change the website so tried creating it as a virtual server and get this error:

Failed to create virtual server : The DNS domain ***.com is already hosted by your DNS server

Is it because there is already a “Default Server” in Apache with my web address that’s being used for my DNS in Webmin?

This is a fresh install and all necessary modules for webmin and virtualmin are installed and active.
DNS is working.
I just want to be able to use my web address which i’m also using as DNS for my first virtual server as I plan to add a couple more web address at a later time as their own virtual servers also.

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Howdy,

That error means that BIND on that server has already been configured with DNS information for that domain.

If you don’'t need it to create DNS records, you could always uncheck the “DNS Domain” feature when creating the Virtual Server.

-Eric

Hmm I tried again to create the virtual server and left that part unchecked.
It created the server okay now without the error message but now when I go to the web address it doesn’t seem to be going anywhere and just gets stuck at loading ie no apache default page.

Played around with it more today and I think I got it working. FTP works but it wasn’t updated. Restarted the apache server and seemed to have fixed it. Thanks!