Failed to create virtual server : Failed to work out externally visible IP address Help!

hey, when i try to creat a new virtual server i see this error Failed to create virtual server : Failed to work out externally visible IP address

i tired to change the Network interface for virtual addresses from eth0 to Detect automatically and same error
and also i tired to chane the Default virtual server IPv4 address From “From network interface” To 192.168.122.216 and same error
what can i do now to add a new virual server
Thanks.

Have you tried this:

Virtualmin/System Settings/Virtualmin Configuration then in the configuration catagory go to the dropdown that says Network Settings and see if Default IP for DNS records is set to Same as Virtual Server IP

2 Likes

Thaaaaaaaanks, it`s working

1 Like

No problem! Glad it was that simple.

1 Like

This is related to the fact J̶o̶e̶ AWS nuked software.virtualmin.com :stuck_out_tongue:
Your workaround does work indeed, however not for all systems.
If you run in AWS or any other cloud that uses private IPs and NAT, then this will continue to be a problem.
More info/workarounds:
URGENT! http://software.virtualmin.com/cgi-bin/ip.cgi is down and "Failed to work out externally visible IP address" [#70626] | Virtualmin

I didn’t nuke it. Our cloud provider did by changing our internal IP address. It’s fixed now.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 8 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.