Failed to create virtual server : Dictionnary word

Joe he said he tried to install the aspell perl mod and it failed… you need that installed plus the US english dictionary for pam’s password checking.

As for FC8 I wouldn’t use it. Get CentOS5 which is darn near the same as RHEL5 and it’s very stable.

Thats ok!

I installed the en aspell dictionary and it’s working now excepted for the virtual ftp server.

If what i readed is right, i will probably not use it but i hate to dont understand why something isnt working.

I also readed about it:

In the module config, fill in the "all virtual ftp servers are name based" radio button but i didnt found nothing like that.

Any solution?

Regards!

it's working now excepted for the virtual ftp server.

You almost certainly do not want to use virtual FTP servers. You need an IP address for every virtual FTP server, and nobody uses anonymous FTP for file distribution anymore.

Thanks a lot Joe and sgrayban!

I appreciate your professionalism to help people working with the free version of your software.

A lot of developpers help only the people who bought their software.

If you continu to do it like that, i think that you will be long term winners.

Regards!

ps: I think that you will see me soon in other section of your forum.

I’ve lost some hairs with name servers yesterday!

:smiley:

See ya!

I think Scott deserves most of the credit on this thread.

Anyway, we’re happy to have you around, regardless of whether you’re using GPL or Professional. Just so long as you talk about us whenever you get the chance. (Particularly to your hosting provider!) :wink:

This was a easy fix. Not having the aspell and/or the english dictionary is a common issue with pam and VM. This isn’t the first time I saw this happen on a non English install.

I think it would be best that VM check to make sure that both are installed when running the install script.

Yes. The first time that i installed fedora on my computer, i installed it in english. Thats why virtualmin was working before.

By the way, I posted a thread in our forum about virtualmin at that adress :

http://www.zonereferencement.com/forum/alternative-cpanel-gratuit-t381.html

I will make few posts to try to explain (in french) things that i understood about virtualmin… if theres something wrong, just let me know!

Regards!<br><br>Post edited by: PatTzZ, at: 2008/05/30 14:00

I don’t know french so I have no idea if what you say there is correct :slight_smile:

hahahha

Yes! No one under 18!

;p

Without joking, thats a clean SEO forum and there’s a computer support section where i posted about virtualmin.

There’s not as traffic as youtube but i cant be bad for you!

I’m learning French as we speak (My French Coach on the Nintendo DS, FTW!), so I’ll give it a look. I will only understand probably every third word, but it’ll be good practice.

:wink:

You’re welcome.

I also have an ai bot who’s need to learn french in that forum, maybe that you can speak toghetter if you’re feeling alone! … a joke.

And by the way, if i’ll speak about virtualmin, i will say what i’m sure about. Dont worry.

Regards!

Also, if you want to translate virtualmin in french completly, let me know!