Failed to create virtual server : A MySQL database called demo or user called demo already exists

Greetings,

I am unable to add the following virtual server even though the mysql database and userid do not exist. This is one of the original restores I tried to do and wonder if something is still flagged in a Virtualmin config file or something?

Kind Regards,
Greg McAbee

Failed to create virtual server : A MySQL database called demo or user called demo already exists

I answered my own qustion. I was thinking of a unix user rather than a mysql user. I did find one of those and deleted it and it works much better.

I then had to delete these entries from the db table in mysql to finish the fix.

DELETE FROM db WHERE Host = ‘localhost’ AND Db = ‘demo’ AND User = ‘demo’ LIMIT 1;
DELETE FROM db WHERE Host = ‘localhost’ AND Db = ‘babblefest’ AND User = ‘babblefest’ LIMIT 1;
?

I am to assume that when you created a demo account and then you removed it. It did not completely remove the MySQL entries? If so then this is an issue that needs to be resolved. Please let me know if this was the case.

Yes the delete server feature does forget to remove the MySql user in the UserPermissions & DataBasePermissions settings.

It’s easy to use the Webmin MySql Module, to look for the user in question in both UserPermissions and DataBasePermisions sections to manualy go in and delete them … but it would be nice if the “Delete Virual Server” with “All files and data associated with it (and any sub-servers) will be permanently removed.” feature actualy worked.

Considering how well Virtumin works with soo many diffent OS, this little quirk is no big deal. My hat’s off to Cameron this program works better then any other CP I’ve ever used!