failed to create administration group : useradmin,how to fix

Hi everyone.
I have installed webmin and virtualmin 3.8 on CentOS 5.5 and configured the webmin and virtualmin,and
when I Checking Configuration, I got the message below:

your system is ready for use by Virtualmin.

but when I try to Create Virtual Server,I got a message below:

Creating administration group abctext …
… failed to create administration group : useradmin::create_group failed : Failed to replace /etc/gshadow with /etc/gshadow.webmintmp.11530 : Operation not permitted at /usr/libexec/webmin/web-lib-funcs.pl line 1331.

Failed to create virtual server : Critical feature Administration user was not properly created - Virtual server creation halted.

Please please,anyone who can tell me How can I fix the trouble…
Thanks.

Howdy,

Hmm, that’s an unusual error!

Do you by chance have SELinux enabled? You can determine that by running the command “sestatus”.

Also, are there any special file attributes setup on your /etc/gshadow file? You can determine that by running “lsattr /etc/gshadow”.

Thanks,

-Eric

Thank you for your reply.
The SELinux is desabled.
I have result like bellow:

[root@host ~]# sestatus
SELinux status: disabled
[root@host ~]# lsattr /etc/gshadow
----i-------- /etc/gshadow

Is there some something wrong ? And How can I fix ?

Thanks again.

It looks like your gshadow file has the “immutable” attribute set, which means that even root isn’t allowed to modify that file. I have no idea how that might have happened, and that’s certainly not a default.

However, to fix it, you can run this command:

chattr -i /etc/gshadow

Thanks all of you.
I have change the attribute of the gshadow,and there are some files have the same problem,And I follow the method andreychek told to run some command.
Now,It work.
Thanks everyone.