Every virtualmin-* module updated

Howdy all,

I’ve rolled out updates for every current virtualmin-* module (I think I got them all). This adds complete machine translations for many languages, including a bunch that we had no translations for in the past.

Ilia put in a tremendous amount of work to make this happen (and spent a bunch of cold hard cash to use Google Translate service for thousands and thousands of words translated into a whole heap of languages), and Jamie added language overlay support so we can continue to allow easy human translation even while Google Translate fills in the gaps for languages that don’t have active maintainer-translators.

I’m not going to do an individual changelog for these, as the language updates pretty much account for all of the changes. There were a couple of tiny updates to support newer Perl versions (on newer distros like Ubuntu 18.04/20.04 and CentOS 8), but functionality hasn’t changed.

If your native language is any of the ones that have received machine translation (all of the non-English ones, I think), please let us know how Google Translate did! We know it’s better than a very partial translation, but we also know it won’t be perfect.

And, thank Ilia if you use other languages! He went to extreme lengths to make this happen, writing a new translation tool, handling dozens of Unicode and related issues in the theme and Webmin, and more. Just a momentous amount of work.

Cheers,

Joe

8 Likes

Thank you Ilia :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You may have noticed there have been three extra rounds of these packages. My new build system has not been very cooperative in terms of putting out working packages, but I hope it’s fixed with the latest round. (And, if not, I’ll keep banging on it.)

2 Likes

I have to thank you and virtually shake your hand for a consistently great product! I am always shocked at the small team that is able to do all of the work.

Thank You!
Thank You!
Thank You!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.